Thursday, October 9, 2008

We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo


Sunday we did something many of you will not believe I did: we went to the zoo. Now, I know I have a reputation for not liking zoos, but Ethan works at the Bronx Zoo and assured us we would have a good time, so we took the hour plus subway ride up to the Bronx and saw the zoo! He got us in for free and immediately took us on the monorail, which is where you get to see elephants (they have two!), rhinoceri, and some other crazy stuff. Then we went to the Congo exhibit and saw gorillas. Ethan had to go back to teaching zoo patrons, so Matt and I wandered around and saw lots of other cool animals, like a grizzly bear, a polar bear, a red panda (THE CUTEST EVER), snow leopards, and tigers. We met back up with Ethan at the Butterfly house and then headed home. He had told us to pack a lunch, so all in all it was a very fun, cheap day for us. Matt and I came home to the brisket I'd been cooking in the crock pot and had a delicious Sunday dinner.

1 comment:

jshawflamm said...

What a fun and inexpensive day! And how nice to come home to a yummy brisket. Yay, crock pots.