Friday, October 3, 2008

Debates and Apple Crisp (new debate, new dessert)

Thursday I worked again in the morning, but I was at the bar so it was a really nice relaxing change. The shift flew by with minimal stress, which was a great break. Picked up my CSA share on the way home, and I got:

-Corn
-Leeks
-Bok choy
-Fennel
-Apples
-Carrots
-Turnips
-Peppers
-Eggs
-Garlic
-Salad mix

I also picked up local honey and a grass-fed beef brisket, which I purchased separately through a program associated with the CSA. The honey is for Matt, who has heard that eating local honey can help with allergies, and the brisket is for the crock pot tomorrow. The approximate cost this week was $33, not including the brisket and honey.

Put away my veggies, then worked on the show with Ethan. We did our first full run-through, which was really exciting. Still more work to do, but so cool to see it coming together. He went home, then Matt came over and he, Randy, and I watched the VP debate, which was as good as I'd hoped. Made apple crisp with CSA apples and finished up a good day.

1 comment:

jshawflamm said...

What a satisfying day! Bet the brisket is yummy. Hope the honey helps with the allergies.

So excited about your show coming together!!!